This seasonal addition to the Reformed Expository Commentary series presents twelve biblically and theologically grounded Christmas messages, as the authors explore the canonical teaching on the birth of Jesus Christ in the gospels of Matthew, Luke, and John.
As a sample of the exposition found in the series, this volume is accessible to both pastors and lay readers. Each commentary gives careful attention to the biblical text, is doctrinally Reformed, focuses on Christ through the lens of redemptive history, and applies the Bible to our contemporary setting.
In addition, this volume includes four special appendices of Advent material and worship aids useful in the planning of a Christ-centered Christmas service.
– Essays and reflections on gospel-centered worship and Christmas customs
– A sample Christmas Eve service of lessons and carols
– Five new Christmas carols composed by Paul S. Jones, James Montgomery Boice, Eric J. Alexander, Derek W. H. Thomas, and Philip Graham Ryken
– Suggestions for Advent services, including prayers, Scripture readings, and hymns
– A list of additional resources for planning Advent worship, including full worship services, devotional guides, hymns, and more
All Christians seeking a deep, worshipful, and gospel-centered Advent season will benefit from the insight and worship material in this helpful commentary.